Friday, December 7, 2012

Poe

Edgar Allen Poe's poems are so creepy and dark. I really feel as if a lot of them are all about death. Of course I've only read like two or three but all three have been dark and depressing. I'm no a person for dark and demented poems. Actually I enjoy the bright and joyful ones about nature and love. I might be a romantic because of that but I really don't care. I know what I like.

The Raven is one that I know a lot. While working at Halloween City I heard it many times a day so it really just stuck in my head for the most part. Despite it being such a dark poem I had to laugh at it because of the dramatics that were placed in it. Like everything else I read, I was picturing it. I pictured a crazed man and a talking Raven. I probably put more detail into it then what was really suppose to be in there.

It was kind of the same with the Cask of Amontillado. I was picturing the entire thing. When they walked into the wine cellar, I really thought of dungeons and skeletons. I really just mentally added silly things that weren't in the poem. Like their clothes. I pictured them in bright, flambouyant clothes. The drunk was giggling continuously so it was funny for me to keep reading it.

Needless to say, I have a over active imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment