Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No Name Poems

I've found I have a big beef against the authors who don't name their poems. It absolutely drives me nuts. Does it bug anyone else?

As I was reading through Emily's poems I couldn't help but shake my head. Why couldn't she take the time to name them. They were each wrote for a reason. The both meant something so why not give t a name.

Numbers I feel do not do the poems justice. It makes me feel as if they just don't matter then. And the fact that hers has two different numbers, the one the book gives and another, makes it even more confusing. Why have two different numbers as titles for one poem? It just doesn't make sense.

They deserve a name. As a writer I like being able to name everything I have. I feel as if they deserve it. I worked hard on them and while they may not be perfect, it's something I created. You don't see people with multiple children give their kids numbers for names. I know that was a bad comparison but it also makes sense as well. Both are creations that someone should be proud of. Not simply given a number and stuck to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment